Options Pregnancy Centre offers free and confidential support to young women, young men, and families as they navigate unplanned pregnancy. Our vision is to care specifically for the whole woman: physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, and spiritually. It is also to recognize
the role fathers and families play within the reality of unplanned pregnancy.
A three tiered holistic approach empowers each woman to understand her personal value, to make informed decisions about her sexual and reproductive health, and to meet the needs of her family through personal development.
Our services are listed below each sector of focus, and further defined below..
Tier 1: Education and Prevention Initiatives
Options is committed to investing in youth before difficult circumstances arise through mentorship, personal goal setting, and sexual education workshops. We believe in empowering youth to pursue self-respect and personal integrity. The past does not need to define the future. There is hope and a way through every circumstance.
- Personal self-worth and healthy relationship teaching
- Sexual education workshops
- Pre-teen/teen sex-ed offered in schools ( in partnership )
- Referral for STI testing
Tier 2: Pregnancy Options Counselling
Trained staff and volunteers walk alongside women and their families during those first few days and weeks of an unplanned pregnancy, equipping them with information, resources, and tools that allow for crucial decisions to be made in confidence and clarity.
- Free pregnancy testing
- Personalized support
- Pregnancy options information / exploration
- Mediation between family members or others and client
Tier 3: Ongoing Care and Support
A personalized approach allows support to be offered where needed. This can include:.
- Tailored prenatal education & lactation support
- Post-abortive support
- Free baby and maternity items available through our care closet, the “Ark” boutique
- Birthfamily support through the adoption process during and after pregnancy
- Life-skills and family management training
- Mom and tot groups
- Mentor Mom and Dad opportunities
- Referral to government and community resources